.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Friday, July 21, 2006

How to Learn Turkish in Three Days

I am learning a bit of Turkish by watching the Simpsons with subtitles:

evet = yes
peki = okay
ne oluyer? = what's going on?
ayyas = slang for alcoholic

2 Comments:

Blogger Di Mackey said...

Well done, I used 'Yeni yabanci' for two years to great effect, shamelessly too.

I had lessons but I'm a New Zealander, sadly this leaves me linguistically untalented.

Anyway ...

11:20 AM  
Blogger Osman said...

bravo!

i congragulate you!

can i make just few corrections?

ayyaş (i guess you wrote S since you don't have ş)

and

ne oluyOr ;)

feel free to ask any question when you need.

greets!

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home