Babysitting Karma
Inevitably, when I've been out late socializing the night before, the kids I babysit are somewhat wild and industriously naughty come Saturday morning. However, when I've been up late reading for school the night before, the kids are, apparently, angels. They drew pictures (with lots of hearts and rainbows, no blood), practiced writing the alphabet (caps only), tried spelling different words (all starting with the letter 'R'), tried reading what I wrote down for them (patiently sounding out words), and happily listened to a long, rambling story about Daisy the Dragon that had no real narrative thread, a tenuous conflict, a cop-out ending, and no sense of pacing whatsoever. I even got a very serious, intense "J? I love you." It was so idylic that I am inclined to worry that they're all coming down with colds.
New plan: Friday nights are reserved for studying. Gotta build up that babysitting karma.
New plan: Friday nights are reserved for studying. Gotta build up that babysitting karma.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home