Dr. Malaprop's kindred spirt
My friend Ben, who is three, is sprawled on top of me.
"Do you have a baby in your belly?"
"... No."
"Why not?"
I think fast. What would his parents want me to say? "Um, because you have to be married before you have a baby." I really, really hope Ben's parents aren't living in sin.
Ben considers this, tilts his head to the side, and asks, "Why aren't you married?"
He sounds like my father. There's no way my dad could have put him up to this... is there?
"Do you have a baby in your belly?"
"... No."
"Why not?"
I think fast. What would his parents want me to say? "Um, because you have to be married before you have a baby." I really, really hope Ben's parents aren't living in sin.
Ben considers this, tilts his head to the side, and asks, "Why aren't you married?"
He sounds like my father. There's no way my dad could have put him up to this... is there?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home