Turkey Day Redux ('06)
The day started slowly, which is code for I slept in four hours. When I finally woke, I made coffee, watched some VM, put a load of laundry in, and ventured out in the rain. I went to five stores before I found the cupcake liners.
A few hours later, bearing cupcakes, I crawled uptown. Misfit Thanksgiving was comprised of six women, turkey lasagna, curry, blueberry pie, and our concession to traditional Thanksgiving - the all-important stuffing. The only hitch was that I couldn't pass the Outer Wall on Castlevania. Also, now that I know my friends have a Sony Playstation, I'm going to be at their house a lot more often.
After too much food and too many video games, we watched Grey's (Ahhh! everyone verbally bitch-slapped everyone else!) and then a "documentary" about Mel Gibson's new movie about the Mayans. Thus Turkey day ended with six of us alternately laughing till our sides hurt, screaming at the TV, and burying our faces in our hands, bemoaning the state of the world.
The days ahead will be filled with ear-itching Christmas jingles, extra babysitting, too many papers to think of without crying, an unfortunate lack of sleep, and, that which fuels it all: cup after cup of java. Seriously. I was watching or reading something about pregnant women and I think that, if I ever have kids, I'll have to adopt. Or just allow that my newborns will come out already addicted.
So, to amend yesterday's post: I am most grateful for coffee.
A few hours later, bearing cupcakes, I crawled uptown. Misfit Thanksgiving was comprised of six women, turkey lasagna, curry, blueberry pie, and our concession to traditional Thanksgiving - the all-important stuffing. The only hitch was that I couldn't pass the Outer Wall on Castlevania. Also, now that I know my friends have a Sony Playstation, I'm going to be at their house a lot more often.
After too much food and too many video games, we watched Grey's (Ahhh! everyone verbally bitch-slapped everyone else!) and then a "documentary" about Mel Gibson's new movie about the Mayans. Thus Turkey day ended with six of us alternately laughing till our sides hurt, screaming at the TV, and burying our faces in our hands, bemoaning the state of the world.
The days ahead will be filled with ear-itching Christmas jingles, extra babysitting, too many papers to think of without crying, an unfortunate lack of sleep, and, that which fuels it all: cup after cup of java. Seriously. I was watching or reading something about pregnant women and I think that, if I ever have kids, I'll have to adopt. Or just allow that my newborns will come out already addicted.
So, to amend yesterday's post: I am most grateful for coffee.


1 Comments:
Turkey I've heard of, and lasagna I know, but what is turkey lasagna?
Post a Comment
<< Home