.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

another brick in the wall

I spent last week sick. The kind of sick that makes you bitter, because if you had to be that sick, you should at least have been very, very drunk the night before. (Not that I've ever been that drunk, Mom. It's just what I glean from the movies!) Despite my inability to eat - or even, for several hours, drink water - I did not shirk my god-given graduate student's duty; I did not skive off on my homework. No, people, I am proud to report that in the very depths of nausea-induced despair I had the werewithal to drag my shivering, feverish self to the living room (quite a trek, I might add, in that state) and watch The Gilmore Girls.
No one can say I am not taking full advantage of my education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home