my mother, the Italians, and me
1. For some ridiculous reason, my mother is cheering for the Romanians. I am moving out.
2. When the Romanian forward got a penalty kick, and missed, my mother insisted, "He didn't miss! Buffon just saved it!" Sigh. I guess footie fans have to create their own logic to get through the day.
3. The announcer keeps referring to Buffon as "Gigi". What the hell? That's disrespectful!
4. I'll give 'em this: those Romanians are fast. It's not natural. I can only assume that they are taking some sort of steroids.
5. Due to the result (a draw, 1-1), I am forced to cheer, half-heartedly, for the Dutch in this afternoon's game. If the Netherlands can beat France today, and Italy can beat France on Tuesday, and assuming the Netherlands can easily win or draw against Romania, then Italy can go through to the quarter-finals.
Oh, god, though. Henry's back. I love Henry. I hate when I am forced to cheer against him, in favor of my Italians.
It's complicated being a footie fan.
2. When the Romanian forward got a penalty kick, and missed, my mother insisted, "He didn't miss! Buffon just saved it!" Sigh. I guess footie fans have to create their own logic to get through the day.
3. The announcer keeps referring to Buffon as "Gigi". What the hell? That's disrespectful!
4. I'll give 'em this: those Romanians are fast. It's not natural. I can only assume that they are taking some sort of steroids.
5. Due to the result (a draw, 1-1), I am forced to cheer, half-heartedly, for the Dutch in this afternoon's game. If the Netherlands can beat France today, and Italy can beat France on Tuesday, and assuming the Netherlands can easily win or draw against Romania, then Italy can go through to the quarter-finals.
Oh, god, though. Henry's back. I love Henry. I hate when I am forced to cheer against him, in favor of my Italians.
It's complicated being a footie fan.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home