Things Currently Obsessed With
1. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road by Lucinda Williams; a little bit country, a little bit rock n' roll.
2. In Treatment on HBO. It's all talk, and it's purportedly about stuff that happens off-screen; it should be totally boring, but it's not, because it's really about what is going on between the therapist and the patient. It's totally fascinating.
3. Dexter on CBS. I know, I know, I railed against it; but it's really interesting to see how they edited it. I don't mean when they dub over swear-words with obvious replacements, or when they shave some time off the lingering shots of bloody, maimed limbs; I mean, it gets interesting when they sometimes subtly switch some voice-over stuff, presumably for a network vs a cable audience. It says a lot about what they expect from each. However, I still maintain that if you haven't seen it, you should be watching on DVD rather than on CBS.
4. Doris Lessing.
5. Eggs Benedict. Making the sauce seems overwhelmingly complicated. I don't know if I'll ever get it right. Also, it's basically just butter, so it can't be healthy.
2. In Treatment on HBO. It's all talk, and it's purportedly about stuff that happens off-screen; it should be totally boring, but it's not, because it's really about what is going on between the therapist and the patient. It's totally fascinating.
3. Dexter on CBS. I know, I know, I railed against it; but it's really interesting to see how they edited it. I don't mean when they dub over swear-words with obvious replacements, or when they shave some time off the lingering shots of bloody, maimed limbs; I mean, it gets interesting when they sometimes subtly switch some voice-over stuff, presumably for a network vs a cable audience. It says a lot about what they expect from each. However, I still maintain that if you haven't seen it, you should be watching on DVD rather than on CBS.
4. Doris Lessing.
5. Eggs Benedict. Making the sauce seems overwhelmingly complicated. I don't know if I'll ever get it right. Also, it's basically just butter, so it can't be healthy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home