.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Friday, September 14, 2007

"new year"

I had a little break from blogging because... I did. My summer was good, busy, hot. I do not like the heat; never have. I'm an autumn girl; I love the cool weather and the leaves. Like most people who've, you know, ever been to school, I feel that September means more to me as "new year" than January does. September is when I make resolutions, not January.

I'm not sure if I'm staying in the city; I'm not sure what will happen to this blog if I don't. I'm not sure about a lot of things in my life right now - what to eat for dinner, for example, or how much money is too much money to spend on a dress you will realistically only wear for a year, before it goes out of fashion.

Either way, I'm shipping a lot of my stuff home next week. And, boy, do I have a lot of stuff! Usually I am a consummate consumer, a pack rat, a material girl. But when I'm moving I briefly become a minimalist, and despair over the amount of stuff I have. Just the product it takes to keep me presentable is astounding!

You'd think that I'd end this post resolving to be less materialistic in the future, wouldn't you? Well... you'd be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home