.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Monday, May 14, 2007

no more pencils, no more books

I'm done with school - sort of; my course work is done, I just have to write a thesis. (No biggie.) The moment I handed in my last assigment (past midnight, last Monday, via email) was anti-climatic; no trumpets, no parade, no champagne. I've been in school so long I don't know how to do anything else; was it really too much to ask that my neglectful parents drag themselves out of bed to pop open a celebratory bottle?

For the first time since I was a small child I have no one telling me what to read or what to write. Finding this completely untenable, I have acquired what they call a "job". Today is my first day. My co-workers are also obsessed with The Office, Harry Potter, and coffee, so I fit right in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home