.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Saturday, March 10, 2007

yo ho ho

One of the consequences of the busted knee - the worst one, really - is that I'm not supposed to drink alcohol while on the anti-inflammatory drugs. I, of course, have blithely ignored this warning, but have limited my consumption to half a glass of wine with dinner.

It's not enough.

Look, I'm not an alcoholic, really I'm not; but how can I be expected to deal with Captain Malaprop whilst sober?

Next time I'm injured, I'm staying in New York. Free health care be damned; this isn't worth the pain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oy. OUCH on the knee. I hope you start feeling better soon.

And yes, You are right. Half a glass isn't enough. heehee.

11:05 AM  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

oh, that knee...you need at least a bottle to assuage pain like that.

Is that how you spell "assuage"? it's one of those words I never use out loud, but say to myself, wondering if I'll ever be brave enough to verbalize it...

PS: www.myspace.com/maxinbrooklyn
....

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home