.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Friday, February 16, 2007

president eisenhower and me

It's my birthday; along with the traditional blow-out (as in party, not as in blowing out your hair), come the traditional cupcakes. This year, I have decided to make it all about the icing. Therefore, the actual cupcakes will be very simple vanilla cupcakes, so that the eater concentrate on the flavour of the icing. (Let's get real for a second, peeps: I'm just using the cupcakes as an excuse to eat icing.)

The icing is, as they say, the icing on the cake: I'm making a very time-consuming, complicated frosting, recommended by the inimitable kat (not dr kat, the fab writer kat), purported to be President Eisenhower's favourite icing. I have to say, people, that if you're not at my birthday party tomorrow, you will really be missing out. These cupcakes are gonna be awesome, and historical, and who can beat that?

3 Comments:

Blogger hesitant hack said...

the cupcakes were AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEE

8:17 AM  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

and your party was great

8:17 AM  
Blogger c. said...

Dude! President Eisenhower icing? Wow. I'm so impressed. And so sad to have missed it.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home