.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Friday, April 13, 2007

reason why houses are better than apts #1

I honestly don't think I'm very high maintenance. I'm sure there are some - namely, my father and brother - who would disagree. What I mean is, I'm not emotionally high maintenance; I'm pretty laid back, I go with the flow, roll with the punches, etc. But, there is a limit, and that limit is reached when I'm woken up at 8am on my day to sleep in by hammers on the floor of the apt above me, hammers that inch their way slowly across the room until they're directly above my bed, at which point the hammer switches to some sort of drilling machine.
Solution: come on, mom, hurry up and win the lottery so you can buy me a house in Brooklyn and I don't have to deal with this anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home