one step fwd, two steps back
For the first time in years, I'm enjoying reading philosophy. I'm reading s-l-o-w-l-y, but I'm having fun doing it. And looking up a lot of words. Who knew that all enjoying philosophy would take is a complete lack of stress in my life?
That said, I'm a little worried: I'm really, really not stressed about anything and there is plenty to be stressed about: my upcoming move, my busted knee, my complete lack of income, my thesis. And yet... I sing in the shower, hum on the way to work, giggle constantly. Is this due to a lack of deadlines? Is this what they refer to as "happiness"? Or is this just a result of being in New York in early summer?
I wouldn't worry about it too much, guys. I'm not so content that I can't follow the family tradition of making up things to worry about...
That said, I'm a little worried: I'm really, really not stressed about anything and there is plenty to be stressed about: my upcoming move, my busted knee, my complete lack of income, my thesis. And yet... I sing in the shower, hum on the way to work, giggle constantly. Is this due to a lack of deadlines? Is this what they refer to as "happiness"? Or is this just a result of being in New York in early summer?
I wouldn't worry about it too much, guys. I'm not so content that I can't follow the family tradition of making up things to worry about...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home