.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the great pumpkin returns tonight...

Well, I'm back in my hometown. It's not so bad. I found a decent video store, conveniently located near my dad's office, so I just give him videos to return and a list of new ones to rent. Awesome. I still haven't found any decent coffee, but a quick trip to Toronto rectified that.

Today at the doctor's office I said, as I was leaving, "Happy Halloween!"
The doc smiled and said, "Are you going out?"
Stifling a sigh for the longed-for days when begging for candy was socially acceptable, I said, "I think I'm a bit old for that."
The doc laughed and said, "I meant parties! No parties?"

It honestly hadn't occurred to me that he could mean anything but trick-or-treating. I mean... parties? In Ottawa? Whuh?

1 Comments:

Blogger is that so wrong? said...

Bah, all you need is some junk food and a scary movie and *POW* you've got yourself a Halloween party.

We could've partied together with some of that scotch you left me.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home