a word about France
Ok. I know that in the past, I have expressed affection for one Thierry Henry, and that affection stands, but. This is not an unconditional affection, Henry, you are not my child. And, frankly, if I were your mother, I would have given you a good tongue-lashing after hand-balling that goal in the qualifier against Ireland.
My loyalties are to Ireland. There has been a lot of talk in the Canadian media recently about how the World Cup is truly Canadian because multiculturalism, etc. Whatever. It's just an excuse for us to switch loyalties whenever we want.
As my friend Ais (the reason, really, for my loyalties to Ireland) put it, every team that plays France is symbolically Ireland.
So good on you, Uruguay, for pulling off that draw. Good work. Next up: Mexico. You can do it!
My loyalties are to Ireland. There has been a lot of talk in the Canadian media recently about how the World Cup is truly Canadian because multiculturalism, etc. Whatever. It's just an excuse for us to switch loyalties whenever we want.
As my friend Ais (the reason, really, for my loyalties to Ireland) put it, every team that plays France is symbolically Ireland.
So good on you, Uruguay, for pulling off that draw. Good work. Next up: Mexico. You can do it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home