.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

jitters, part 2

Ok, it's been awhile.

I started this blog years ago, so that I didn't have to mass-mail friends back in Toronto with stories about New York. I enjoyed the form, the short bursts, the opportunity to try out different voices, craft different tones, take a break from my normal work.

And then the World Cup 2006 started, and all bets were off.

When I moved back home I thought I could do the same thing, only in reverse: tell stories about life in Ottawa for my friends back in New York. Well, turns out that Ottawa's nowhere near as entertaining as New York. (You heard it here first.) By the time I moved back to Toronto, I was out of the habit.

Thank god for the World Cup, 2010.

Will Buffon be able to see the ball better now that he's cut his hair? Will the Irish, who have no reason to be there, storm the pitch during France's game just to chuck eggs at that despicable, handsome hand-baller, Henry? Will England's inevitable loss lead, once again, to disaster in my own life?

Stay tuned to find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home