it's begun
No real surprises so far; Germany and Ecuador lead their group. I didn't watch; I stayed home and worked; but tomorrow England plays (9am on the best coast), and I can't wait.
My new roommate Sal and I have been complaining to each other that we stay up too late and sleep in too much. It's not like either of us have, you know, jobs, and it's not that we don't get our work done, but, well, we miss the daylight. It's sad that a bunch of sweaty men in shorts is the only thing that can motivate us to set the alarm for before noon.
Sal's excited because she's Australian, and the Aussies have made it in for the first time since 1974. (1974 being, incidentally, the only other time they've made it to the tournie at all.) So I am cheering for Australia, even though I couldn't tell you what the capital was. (I just looked it up. It's Canbera.)
Rooney's been declared fit, which, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, is good news. Even my brother grudgingly admires Rooney, even if he's not quite as cool as the guy who scored the winning Stanley Cup goal on a broken ankle. I don't know, though. I bet it's easier to skate on a broken ankle than to run on it, what with the additional support the skate provides and the relative lack of necessary bending. I have, however, seen footie players play with bleeding heads. Once I saw Ale del Piero play with a gash on his forehead, dripping blood into his eye. (Which may explain why Juve lost...)
If anyone knows where one can listen to the games on the radio online, please let me know. I'd like to listen to the games I can't watch.
My new roommate Sal and I have been complaining to each other that we stay up too late and sleep in too much. It's not like either of us have, you know, jobs, and it's not that we don't get our work done, but, well, we miss the daylight. It's sad that a bunch of sweaty men in shorts is the only thing that can motivate us to set the alarm for before noon.
Sal's excited because she's Australian, and the Aussies have made it in for the first time since 1974. (1974 being, incidentally, the only other time they've made it to the tournie at all.) So I am cheering for Australia, even though I couldn't tell you what the capital was. (I just looked it up. It's Canbera.)
Rooney's been declared fit, which, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, is good news. Even my brother grudgingly admires Rooney, even if he's not quite as cool as the guy who scored the winning Stanley Cup goal on a broken ankle. I don't know, though. I bet it's easier to skate on a broken ankle than to run on it, what with the additional support the skate provides and the relative lack of necessary bending. I have, however, seen footie players play with bleeding heads. Once I saw Ale del Piero play with a gash on his forehead, dripping blood into his eye. (Which may explain why Juve lost...)
If anyone knows where one can listen to the games on the radio online, please let me know. I'd like to listen to the games I can't watch.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home