Dang Jet-lag
It's just about 3am and I can't sleep.
This is fine when I'm in New York and just dealing with grad school, but here in Istanbul I have to deal with Shazz in the morning. He gets grumpy if I'm not magically awake, caffinated, showered, and ready to go when he decides - without warning - that he wants to leave. He mutters under his breath and I go get ready, and when, fifteen minutes later, I come back and declare myself ready to go, he says "Just a sec" and sits with his computer for another half-hour.
Maybe a tipple of scotch will help...
This is fine when I'm in New York and just dealing with grad school, but here in Istanbul I have to deal with Shazz in the morning. He gets grumpy if I'm not magically awake, caffinated, showered, and ready to go when he decides - without warning - that he wants to leave. He mutters under his breath and I go get ready, and when, fifteen minutes later, I come back and declare myself ready to go, he says "Just a sec" and sits with his computer for another half-hour.
Maybe a tipple of scotch will help...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home