forza... spain?
I stopped posting about the Euro Cup but I didn't stop watching. First, things got a bit too serious for me when the Italians were (admittedly, justifiably) knocked out of the tournament. Then I ran off to England and Ireland and spent most of my time (it seemed) at airports, on my way to airports, on my way from airports, or shopping (often at airports.)
While I wasn't actually cheering for either of the teams to make it to the final (the Spaniards being cheating divers, and the Germans being, well, German) I still totally enjoyed the game. It was fascinating, actually: here was an exciting, edge-of-your-seat kind of game, with two fairly well-matched teams duking it out, and as I had no stake in either team, all the tension that usually accompanies my football watching was taken out of the equation. It was quite relaxing, actually. A pleasant experience, even. Who knew football could be so charming?
But please, people: don't mention the Italians. I'm still mourning.
While I wasn't actually cheering for either of the teams to make it to the final (the Spaniards being cheating divers, and the Germans being, well, German) I still totally enjoyed the game. It was fascinating, actually: here was an exciting, edge-of-your-seat kind of game, with two fairly well-matched teams duking it out, and as I had no stake in either team, all the tension that usually accompanies my football watching was taken out of the equation. It was quite relaxing, actually. A pleasant experience, even. Who knew football could be so charming?
But please, people: don't mention the Italians. I'm still mourning.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home