.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Friday, September 23, 2005

A Post That's Actually Interesting

Well, it's interesting if you like to see the "inner" workings of my "mind" spilled out on your screen. Still, I bet it's better than all those posts about commenting.

Having declared that all I do is study and never leave my neighbourhood, I have spent the most un-study-ful, wandering weekend, and it was great. A couple of nights ago I ate in the Village; yesterday I shopped on the Upper West Side; and this afternoon, in this perfect, cool, it's-almost-fall weather, I wandered through Central Park and to the Met. I've heard about the Resevoir in Central Park but I didn't really get it; I thought it would be this huge pond and, well, that would be it. But I stumbled on it this afternoon and it is gorgeous - long and wide and green, reflecting all the trees around it, and because you can actually see more than a few feet in front of you before your line of sight hits a building, you can see all the buildings of the East Side spread over the trees like so much lumpy hummus on tablouh.

Also: I love the Met. I'm going to quit school and become an art-looker. Don't tell my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home