there goes the neighborhood
I've spent the last week wandering around Toronto, hitting up my old haunts for the comfort of the familiar. But things change, even in just four months. On the Danforth I'm not sure; was that inappropriately-placed Licks there before, or am I just noticing it now? In my old 'hood I am more certain, but the additions and subtractions are not so offensive. Besides, I once went away for a weekend and came back to a honking new 7-11 so the new too-cute-for-school toddler toy store is really no big deal.
The Drake is now so hip it is actually painful. It feels like all of Brooklyn got crammed into one building, and the hip quotient is more than that place can handle; it spills onto the street and infuses the sidewalk smokers with its aura. Given the weather, can you blame 'em? Anyway, the people-watching is truly choice.
The Drake is now so hip it is actually painful. It feels like all of Brooklyn got crammed into one building, and the hip quotient is more than that place can handle; it spills onto the street and infuses the sidewalk smokers with its aura. Given the weather, can you blame 'em? Anyway, the people-watching is truly choice.


2 Comments:
if you're only going to post funny short things every couple of WEEKS, you should at least make your funny posts LONGER.
so that we'd have more to go on.
p.s. i love you.
The Drake stopped being hip when bankers started staying there.
Post a Comment
<< Home