Not About Coffee
The weather terrifies me. Am I the only one?
Ok, look, it's beautiful. It's sunny and gorgeous. I'm not used to this.
Toronto is not sunny at this time of year. Ottawa is; every year in Toronto I'd be a little down at this point, with the distinct lack of sun... but New York (so far; I don't want to jinx it!) is sunny. Cold, yes, finally, thankfully, but sunny. My point is, I'm not used to not feeling a bit grey around this point...
My prof laughed and laughed when I said that I'd looked up the stats and that NYC apparently never really goes much below -5.
"Don't worry," he said, "it'll be cold. It'll be, like, -20 in your terms." (He meant celcius.)
"-20?!" I said. "Where do you think I'm from, BC? I am used to -35, dude!"
Okay, so I exaggerate a little. It's what I do; it's all I got.
And still it creeps up. It'll be back to 13 degrees celcius on Sunday. It's weird, man. It's just weird.
Ok, look, it's beautiful. It's sunny and gorgeous. I'm not used to this.
Toronto is not sunny at this time of year. Ottawa is; every year in Toronto I'd be a little down at this point, with the distinct lack of sun... but New York (so far; I don't want to jinx it!) is sunny. Cold, yes, finally, thankfully, but sunny. My point is, I'm not used to not feeling a bit grey around this point...
My prof laughed and laughed when I said that I'd looked up the stats and that NYC apparently never really goes much below -5.
"Don't worry," he said, "it'll be cold. It'll be, like, -20 in your terms." (He meant celcius.)
"-20?!" I said. "Where do you think I'm from, BC? I am used to -35, dude!"
Okay, so I exaggerate a little. It's what I do; it's all I got.
And still it creeps up. It'll be back to 13 degrees celcius on Sunday. It's weird, man. It's just weird.


2 Comments:
no - coffee posts not boring.
what's nrw?
nrw is the subway line, a yellow one on the map, one takes to queens.
Post a Comment
<< Home