.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"I'll take the rain..."

It rained all day.

The good: I have rainboots. They're fabulous. They're black. I went to school and my feet didn't get wet. I spalshed in some streams. I think there are some people in New York who probably hate me right now... I like the rain.
Also, it is very easy to stay at home and study when it is raining.

The bad: I didn't actually study.
I slept in, drank coffee, checked email, studied the tiniest bit, did laundry, vacumed, mopped, did the dishes, grumbled at bad tv, checked email again, watched some good tv online, read a fabulous interview with Lorrie Moore in The Believer, finished writing a letter and a card, mailed them, lounged around, thought about summer vacation, checked email again, ate, picked my courses for next Spring, dropped off my choices at the dept, talked to my roomate about How Best To Wear A Belt Over A Sweater, ate a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar which I now feel ill from, planned my Christmas holidays, worried aloud to my teddy bear that I was frittering away my day, and daydreamed.

This last, my professor tells me, counts as homework for writers, so, all in all, a very productive day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home