Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy, Oy Oy Oy
Fantastic game this morning. By which I mean, fantastic final eight minutes this morning. It should have been 3-0, and everyone knows it. That kind of thing, when a ref makes a bad call on a crucial play, really makes me root for the use of tvs in ref's decision-making.
After the game an American with long, greasy hair chided me for being too hostile. After that horrible, illegal goal, I'd yelled at the screen as a Japanese player faked an injury. Sal threw him a dirty look and ignored him; I countered, "It's part of the culture. I think, up to a point, that hostility in watching the game is a good thing; it works the hostility out in a harmless way. If more Americans watched football, there'd be fewer wars." He just looked at me increduously.
Welcome to football, bitch.
After the game an American with long, greasy hair chided me for being too hostile. After that horrible, illegal goal, I'd yelled at the screen as a Japanese player faked an injury. Sal threw him a dirty look and ignored him; I countered, "It's part of the culture. I think, up to a point, that hostility in watching the game is a good thing; it works the hostility out in a harmless way. If more Americans watched football, there'd be fewer wars." He just looked at me increduously.
Welcome to football, bitch.


1 Comments:
oh, jesus, j, i laughed so hard when i saw exactly how much your blog output has increased since the cup started.
i was standing at a payphone yesterday, talking to met, and cars were driving by honking, waving flags, and met asked me, excitedly, "oh my god. whowonwhowonwhowon?" and i told him, laughing, that you would ADORE him.
world cup = i think of you. that's not a bad thing at all. i'm overtired and feeling maudlin. bye!
Post a Comment
<< Home