phew
I'm taking the day off from the World Cup tomorrow. I'm just exhausted. Watching one game can be tough, if it's a stressful one; watching three in a row, even if they're not stressful, can do you in. You go through so many ups and downs in a short space of time - it can't be healthy. Every time they get near the box my heart rate goes up and the muscles in my back tighten; I swear, by the time this tournament is over I won't be able to turn my neck.


2 Comments:
I have been meaning to make a point of order, but have not yet, because it is a case of "pot calling kettle".
I agree with Simmons it is unacceptable to practice sports bigamy. As an example, I was once a Habs fan, but I am now irrevocably a Sens fan, and if the Habs and Sens ever met in the playoffs I would be rooting against the bleu-blanc-rouge.
In this World Cup, I am struggling. Look, I have been supporting Italy since 1994 when the sextagenarian lady who owned my pension showed me what real fandom is, but if England and Italy ever met, I don't know what would happen, as England is my country of birth.
Double-Barrel, an Italian-American, when asked about US-Italy, told me "Shazz, America gave me my freedom", and thus his allegiance lies.
So, the question remains, who are you rooting for? You cannot pick more than one.
My answer: I am ashamed to remain a sports bigamist in soccer (Italy and England), but if they ever meet, I'm going to have to choose. And I'm not proud of it.
For the record:
Sens (NHL)
Eagles (NFL)
Italy/England (bigamy - ugh!)
Newcastle United (Premiership)
Above all, Cowboys Suck!
Actually, my main point in the prior post was that the Cowboys Suck.
Post a Comment
<< Home