a new direction
Walking home from dinner last night, after imbibing some rakı, through the winding cobblestone streets, the cafes and restaurants spilling out onto the streets, a thin layer of cigarette smoke hanging in the still night air:
Shazz: "You should stop writing about people who talk all the time, stuff where nothing ever happens. You should write about a guy like me!"
We pass a band playing in front of a small crowd; the bass player and drummer pound out a slow, rhythmic beat, and as we walk by a woman with big hair starts blowing on a sax-a-ma-phone.
Shazz: "Oh, I forgot. I have to join a band and become the lead singer."
Me: "Right. I'll write a story about this suit who quits his job, moves to Istanbul to start his own company, and then quits that to form a merengue band. And then his father disowns him."
Shazz: "You should stop writing about people who talk all the time, stuff where nothing ever happens. You should write about a guy like me!"
We pass a band playing in front of a small crowd; the bass player and drummer pound out a slow, rhythmic beat, and as we walk by a woman with big hair starts blowing on a sax-a-ma-phone.
Shazz: "Oh, I forgot. I have to join a band and become the lead singer."
Me: "Right. I'll write a story about this suit who quits his job, moves to Istanbul to start his own company, and then quits that to form a merengue band. And then his father disowns him."


1 Comments:
Shazz is all talk. He's never gonna start a band.
Easiest 5 nepali rupees I ever won.
By the way, you're lucky that guy gave up his annoying habit of waking up at 5am and putting on RunDMC at full blast.
Post a Comment
<< Home