we were young and restless, we needed to unwind...
...I guess nothing can last forever
So, I haven't been blogging because... I haven't been blogging. If only everything were that simple.
I left Turkey, only because I had a plane ticket and thought I should use it, it being paid for and all, and went to Toronto, and then up north for a conference. That was good fun; I swam in a lake at one am, the water still and grey like steel, the moon reflecting it off it the colour of glass. It was surprisingly warm in the middle of the night; it was getting out that was awful.
I'm in Ottawa now for a few days, meandering about, between the living room and the kitchen, the kitchen and the study, back to the living room.
A small pile of my friends are having babies. All I can think about are booties. I am really in love with booties. Especially those little leather ones with animals on them. Or maple leafs.
I had big plans for the summer, and some of them have come to fruition (reading; relaxing; expanding my "knowledge" of wine...) and some haven't (writing a booker prize winning novel) but I have to say that my greatest accomplishment this summer must be getting Shazz addicted to Gilmore Girls.
So, I haven't been blogging because... I haven't been blogging. If only everything were that simple.
I left Turkey, only because I had a plane ticket and thought I should use it, it being paid for and all, and went to Toronto, and then up north for a conference. That was good fun; I swam in a lake at one am, the water still and grey like steel, the moon reflecting it off it the colour of glass. It was surprisingly warm in the middle of the night; it was getting out that was awful.
I'm in Ottawa now for a few days, meandering about, between the living room and the kitchen, the kitchen and the study, back to the living room.
A small pile of my friends are having babies. All I can think about are booties. I am really in love with booties. Especially those little leather ones with animals on them. Or maple leafs.
I had big plans for the summer, and some of them have come to fruition (reading; relaxing; expanding my "knowledge" of wine...) and some haven't (writing a booker prize winning novel) but I have to say that my greatest accomplishment this summer must be getting Shazz addicted to Gilmore Girls.


2 Comments:
you are supposed to come to montreal. COME TO MONTREAL. thank you. the end.
New York misses you... and I'm supposed to be working :-P Can't wait to see you soon :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home