.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Saturday, September 02, 2006

My New Best Friend



I met Gracie for the first time on Tuesday. I am ashamed to say that she was pretty much naked at the time. (I was not.) She wasn't too friendly at first; she wouldn't even look at me, preferring to sleep through my attempts at conversation. I persisted in my quest for friendship, and on the second day (still naked), Gracie conceeded to look at me. By the third, we were fast friends, her holding my hand (ok, finger) while we discussed hats. She has a penchant for pink and yellow. I keep telling her that black and white are the colours for the season, but Grace, it seems, has an independent streak.

Frankly, she's the most high-maintenance friend I've ever had. I'm all for discussing outfit choices, but she actually expects me to help her put them on! I was pretty surprised, but it's ok. I'm a little bit (ok, a lot) in love with her, and am inclined to let her have her way in all matters.

Anyway, I know I may have occasionally (tipsily) referred to any number of you (including my mother) as my best friend/favourite person in the world, but I'm sorry, I lied. It's all Gracie, now. She's just cuter than the rest of you. Take a look at the picture above; I dare you to disagree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home