.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I had to explain to my mother what a MILF is

She saw something on the news about the Palin and Clinton sketch on SNL the other night. She asked me about it, so I found it online and showed it to her.

I also had to explain the word 'boner-killer.' And what Amy Poehler meant when she advised the media to 'grow a pair.'

Look, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey... I love you guys. Seriously. I think you are doing very good things for women in comedy. I think you are smart and hilarious. But please, please don't make me do this ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home