whew.
I'm exhausted. And grateful. Also I'm a little emotional; I think I'm pms-ing. I used to get really cranky when I was pms-ing - the whole world pissed me off; then I went through several years of monthly existential crises; now I'm in a routine where I spend a couple of days being teary and then become convinced that neither is there meaning in the world nor is it possible to create it and then eat a lot of chocolate and then everything's fine again. I mean, either that or I'm just, what's that word? Not-stressed.
Y'all really don't want to hear about my pms, do you?
So, I finished my two random weeks of hell, and got everything done (and done well; don't worry, mom!) and in on time, just in time for my birthday party today. (I'm making Decorate-Your-Own-Cupcakes again, only I'm being selfish and decorating everyone's myself! It's my b-day present to myself.) And, ok, I'm exhausted (despite the full eight hours of sleep I just got) but I'm happy, cause I realized something: I like school! I can't remember the last time this happened. I mean, high school was fun, but the academic classes weren't particularly challenging, so when I say it was a good time, I mean, because I hung out with people I liked. My undergraduate degree, such as it was, was something of a chore, except for a good class here and there. It obviously has a lot to do with what I'm studying, but also, I think, with the professors. I got good peeps. So, my random two weeks of hell? Kinda fun. In that exhausting sort of way.
Did you guys know that I'm an amateur foodie? I think my family knows that I aspire to be (given the amount I eat when I'm with them, and how fussy I am), but I'm not sure they would agree that I have reached amateur foodie status just yet. (My brother, in particular, would, I think, have objections to this statement.) Anyway, here starts the first of hopefully many useful food reviews for all you people who don't live in New York:
Last night Ais and I went to a french restaurant in Brooklyn called Moutard. They had an okay-but-not-great foie gras, and some stellar profiterols.
Yum. I love food.
Y'all really don't want to hear about my pms, do you?
So, I finished my two random weeks of hell, and got everything done (and done well; don't worry, mom!) and in on time, just in time for my birthday party today. (I'm making Decorate-Your-Own-Cupcakes again, only I'm being selfish and decorating everyone's myself! It's my b-day present to myself.) And, ok, I'm exhausted (despite the full eight hours of sleep I just got) but I'm happy, cause I realized something: I like school! I can't remember the last time this happened. I mean, high school was fun, but the academic classes weren't particularly challenging, so when I say it was a good time, I mean, because I hung out with people I liked. My undergraduate degree, such as it was, was something of a chore, except for a good class here and there. It obviously has a lot to do with what I'm studying, but also, I think, with the professors. I got good peeps. So, my random two weeks of hell? Kinda fun. In that exhausting sort of way.
Did you guys know that I'm an amateur foodie? I think my family knows that I aspire to be (given the amount I eat when I'm with them, and how fussy I am), but I'm not sure they would agree that I have reached amateur foodie status just yet. (My brother, in particular, would, I think, have objections to this statement.) Anyway, here starts the first of hopefully many useful food reviews for all you people who don't live in New York:
Last night Ais and I went to a french restaurant in Brooklyn called Moutard. They had an okay-but-not-great foie gras, and some stellar profiterols.
Yum. I love food.


1 Comments:
So one night I went out in San Francisco with my buddy Dr. Seth who was visiting from NYC. Dr. Seth is a neurologist; he got me into a free dinner at the Asian Art Museum thrown by a drug company with the proviso that I impersonate a psychiatrist. In the ensuing cocktail party, Dr. Seth calmly turned to a girl he was chatting up and said, apparently seriously, "I'm a foodie!"
He actually used it as a line!
Anyway, neither you nor he are foodies.
Post a Comment
<< Home