exhuastion
Two days after spring break and I'm pooped. Remind me again why I did no work over the holiday?
I spent four hours today trying to get 12- and 13-year-olds to write. One of them asked me what made a poem a poem. After four years of literary arts at good ol' CHS, an undergraduate degree in English and Philosophy, and almost 8 months as a "real writer", I gathered together all the knowledge gleaned from 27 long years of reading (or, ok, being read to, but only for the first 4!) and responded with a resounding "Ummmm".
And they're paying me, by the way.
I spent four hours today trying to get 12- and 13-year-olds to write. One of them asked me what made a poem a poem. After four years of literary arts at good ol' CHS, an undergraduate degree in English and Philosophy, and almost 8 months as a "real writer", I gathered together all the knowledge gleaned from 27 long years of reading (or, ok, being read to, but only for the first 4!) and responded with a resounding "Ummmm".
And they're paying me, by the way.


2 Comments:
we're living PARALLEL lives. you're teaching workshops, i'm going to be...how did you hook that up?
where? tell me more!!!
i love you. call me, you poop.
Post a Comment
<< Home