.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Thursday, February 23, 2006

How to Meet People In New York

Typing away, my blind draw but the window open, I overheard the following conversation around midnight:

Man: Hey. Hey! Do you have any sugar?
Woman: Sugar?
Man: Yeah.
Woman: Yeah, I do.
Man: Can I borrow some?
Woman: ... Sure.
Man: What's you're apartment number?
Woman: 316.
Man: Ok, I'll come right over.

beat

Woman: What's it for?
Man: What?
Woman: What's the sugar for?
Man: Chai.
Woman: What?
Man: Chai.
Woman: What?
Man: Coffee.

J: Huh? and, That's how to get a date in this city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home