.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Saturday, February 25, 2006

"take my breath away"

I don't remember grad. Is that bad? It's not like we were drinking or anything like that. We were good kids. I remember my dress (largely because I have a picture of it); I remember that it cost $80 at Jacob. I remember walking past the mint on the way to the cruise. I don't remember the cruise at all. I have a terrible memory.

Prom's tonight; yup, you read it right - prom. 80s Prom, to be exact; with an open bar, to clarify; with a pile of writers, in case you couldn't guess. This is going to be hilarious.

I'm going as an 80s punk. There was some debate as to whether 80s prom meant wearing an 80s prom dress, or going to a party wearing 80s-style clothes. As an 80s punk, I am cleverly eschewing the problem: a punk would never bother wearing a dress. A punk would only show up to make fun of people and take adavantage of the open bar. I'm wearing ripped up jeans, and a very ripped up black t-shirt with "I'm Angry" scrawled on it in white acryllic paint. My father would disown me if he could see me. Good thing I don't own a camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home