sympathy for the devil
Me: Do you know what Keir did today?
Michael: What?
Me: He came to the game wearing a blue shirt, and then proceeded to cheer for the Ukranians.
Michael laughs.
Keir: I wasn't cheering for the anyone per se. I just felt bad for the Ukranians.
Me: There's no such thing as sympathy in football!
Well, there shouldn't be. These games were won fair and square; the Ukranians were severely out-matched. Anyone who thought they had a chance of getting through lives in la-la land and eats unicorn horns for breakfast.
I admit I felt a tad bad when the Argentinian started to cry on the pitch. Only for a smidgen of a second, though; I mean, come on, they're Argies.
Michael: What?
Me: He came to the game wearing a blue shirt, and then proceeded to cheer for the Ukranians.
Michael laughs.
Keir: I wasn't cheering for the anyone per se. I just felt bad for the Ukranians.
Me: There's no such thing as sympathy in football!
Well, there shouldn't be. These games were won fair and square; the Ukranians were severely out-matched. Anyone who thought they had a chance of getting through lives in la-la land and eats unicorn horns for breakfast.
I admit I felt a tad bad when the Argentinian started to cry on the pitch. Only for a smidgen of a second, though; I mean, come on, they're Argies.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home