nothing to do with grey's anatomy
I'm having a semi-relaxing week. My last story is in; the kids I'm teaching are on spring break; I only have one piece to edit this week (unclear why) and a full week and a half before my final paper for lecture is due, for which I've already started taking notes. I'm reading slowly and carefully and loving it.
Also, it's gorgeous, and I'm spending as much time as I can excuse out of the house and in the real world, just walking. Ok, a little shopping too, but that's to be expected. (If, as Tennyson said, "In the spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love", then a woman's turns to shoes.)
Also saw Brokeback Mountain again. (Ok, I bought it.) I'm the kind of person that can't think of shots and structure and such if I'm really into the movie until I'm watching for the second time. And, dude, this movie? Is so smart. Yes, some of the stuff (the bloodied, torn sheep; the fireworks) are a bit hit-you-over-the-head, but a lot of it is super-subtle (Ennis shot from behind as he says he can't leave his wife and children; Jack not looking as Ennis washes.) Fantastic.
Incidentally, the subject title is due to a recently received complaint. I listen, guys, and I try to adapt. It's all about the love, ok? OK!?
Also, it's gorgeous, and I'm spending as much time as I can excuse out of the house and in the real world, just walking. Ok, a little shopping too, but that's to be expected. (If, as Tennyson said, "In the spring a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love", then a woman's turns to shoes.)
Also saw Brokeback Mountain again. (Ok, I bought it.) I'm the kind of person that can't think of shots and structure and such if I'm really into the movie until I'm watching for the second time. And, dude, this movie? Is so smart. Yes, some of the stuff (the bloodied, torn sheep; the fireworks) are a bit hit-you-over-the-head, but a lot of it is super-subtle (Ennis shot from behind as he says he can't leave his wife and children; Jack not looking as Ennis washes.) Fantastic.
Incidentally, the subject title is due to a recently received complaint. I listen, guys, and I try to adapt. It's all about the love, ok? OK!?


1 Comments:
Who complained about your grey's anatomy talk? A blasphemer, that's who.
Post a Comment
<< Home