.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fishing in a bucket

"Fishing in a bucket. The total hopelessness of the activity was very soothing." - from "The Exiles" by Hilary McKay

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Reading: By The Lake (McGahern); Contemporary Canadian Women's Short Stories (Ed: Moore) [email me: fishinginabucket at gmail dot com]

Sunday, December 07, 2008

well met by moonlight

I have met my scrabble match.

Actually I met her some five years ago, but we never played scrabble until yesterday, when, in an attempt to a) get some coffee; and b) hide from the snow, we hunkered down in Tequila Bookworm and casually started playing. Cee wanted to bone up for games night, and because her boyfriend beats her every time; I wanted to get some practice in for scrabble nights with Kate H et al and for the inevitable competition with Shazz this Christmas. But the things about scrabble is, usually, you're playing against someone who is either just so much better than you (Olivia) or worse than you (name redacted) that you basically know who is going to win before you even start.

But Cee and I?

We tied.

Seriously. When was the last time you heard of anyone tying, in scrabble?

Cee: I hereby challenge you to a rematch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home