Cake
I didn't cook this weekend. Not a lick. Ok, I baked chocolate chip cookies with extra vanilla (using this amazing Mexican vanilla) for my cousin and his wife, who just had their first kid. (I can't quite express how excited I am by this, so will refrain from trying. He wasn't quite born on my birthday, but close enough to count as the single best birthday present in the history of ever.) But other than that, I just ate out a lot: cured trout, truffles and macaroons, too much wine, and, most importantly: Cake.
I had two kinds of cake: a vanilla cake with strawberry-buttercream icing, and a stellar chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. My best friend had one slice, and I had the other. Half-way through, we switched.
Here is my idea for making this kind of cake-consumption even better: neopolitan cake. Like neopolitan ice cream, but, well, cake. I think you'd have to make three very small cakes, and then arrange them on a plate so they look like those old-school blocks of ice cream. First, of course, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting; then a strawberry shortcake; then vanilla with buttercream.
But when to try making this genius cake? Hmm. That new kid will be one-year-old in no time...
I had two kinds of cake: a vanilla cake with strawberry-buttercream icing, and a stellar chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. My best friend had one slice, and I had the other. Half-way through, we switched.
Here is my idea for making this kind of cake-consumption even better: neopolitan cake. Like neopolitan ice cream, but, well, cake. I think you'd have to make three very small cakes, and then arrange them on a plate so they look like those old-school blocks of ice cream. First, of course, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting; then a strawberry shortcake; then vanilla with buttercream.
But when to try making this genius cake? Hmm. That new kid will be one-year-old in no time...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home