I Always Knew I Was Right About Everything
When I was a kid, I totally thought that after I went to bed, my parents did tons of fun stuff that they wouldn't let me do.
My parents dutifully assured me that when I went to bed, they did very boring things like watch the news, wash dishes, and pay bills.
I was totally right, though. Tonight, when my goddaughter went to bed, her mother and I stayed up late, watched exciting TV, ate chocolate we'd hidden, had second helpings of cookies that we hadn't let her have second helpings of, and, of course, said a lot of swear words.
I can't believe my parents lied to me.
My parents dutifully assured me that when I went to bed, they did very boring things like watch the news, wash dishes, and pay bills.
I was totally right, though. Tonight, when my goddaughter went to bed, her mother and I stayed up late, watched exciting TV, ate chocolate we'd hidden, had second helpings of cookies that we hadn't let her have second helpings of, and, of course, said a lot of swear words.
I can't believe my parents lied to me.


1 Comments:
Whoa -- you guys hid chocolate and didn't share it?
Post a Comment
<< Home